As the High Profile UN Climate Summit closed yesterday in New York a series of key outcomes where summarised by Ban Ki Moon:
1. 73 national governments, 11 regional governments and more than 1,000 businesses and investors showed support for pricing carbon. Together, these leaders represent 52% of global GDP, 54% of global greenhouse gas emissions and almost half of the world’s population.
2. EU countries pledged to reduce emissions to 40% below 1990 levels by 2030.
3. A new coalition of leaders will mobilize over US$200 billion for financing low carbon and climate-resilient development.
As we move towards Paris COP 2015, governments and business will be setting policy and implementing carbon pricing strategies (both regulatory and internally within their business).
How can TBL assist you in you?
- We have a clear track record of aligning Carbon pricing activities into the core business strategy, not working in silos but harmonising strategy, business case and implementation within the organisation.
- We understand the commercial importance: we combine GHG policy, implementation and operational insight with scenario planning, project, quality and lean management to address your pressing needs.
- We have a track record of working international with governments and leading organisations around the world and have exceptional hands on experience in the strategy, implementation and operation of Market Based Mechanisms (MBM).
- We help our clients to align green growth strategy with regulatory and corporate carbon pricing targets.
The TBL Carbon Pricing Model helps clients on their Carbon and sustainability journey, it is a flexible approach helping clients build capability and capacity against the core infrastructure elements of a carbon pricing framework.
Please contact TBL for further information on how we can help: https://tblgroup.co.uk/contact/