TBL supported SFW (Ltd) on drafting Maritime transport greenhouse gas data collection and management report for EU Commission.
Shipping is a large and growing source of the greenhouse gas emissions which are causing climate change. Maritime operators already gather huge amounts of data regarding fuel usage and safety compliance, as well as environmental and financial performance.
TBL provide first hand experience of data collection and management reporting tools taking a lean approach to inform future templates, IT Systems and reduce the future burden on both Shipping sector and EU Regulators. The new regulation will come into force from January 2017, with requirement to start collection and data analysis from 2016 onwards.
Please see a link to the report below:
Please contact TBL for future information on Maritime MRV Regulations in Europe.
Warning: strpos() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home2/theseque/public_html/tblgroup.co.uk/wp-includes/shortcodes.php on line 197 Warning: preg_match() expects parameter 2 to be string, array given in /home2/theseque/public_html/tblgroup.co.uk/wp-includes/shortcodes.php on line 208 [contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
September 5 -7th 2015 – London to Paris Bike Ride for British Heart Foundation (BHF)
250 miles covered in 3 days. Thanks Steven Woodward (Woody) for asking me to take part, all in a good cause for BHF, made loads of good friends along the way – brilliant experience.
We are on target of raising over £1000 for a good cause.
Day 3 Finish Line – a long day on the bike (95 miles) – 250 miles completed!
TBL’s Kevin Williams & Phil Brookfield have been in London during the last weeks to present and facilitate meetings between a Chinese government delegation and UK stakeholders during a study assignment on MRVA, registries, market oversight and price formation in the EU ETS as part of the EuropeAid-funded capacity building project on ETS in China, together with ICF, Ecofys, SQ Consult and SinoCarbon.
Picture of Kevin Williams presenting to Chinese Government delegation:
As the High Profile UN Climate Summit closed yesterday in New York a series of key outcomes where summarised by Ban Ki Moon:
1. 73 national governments, 11 regional governments and more than 1,000 businesses and investors showed support for pricing carbon. Together, these leaders represent 52% of global GDP, 54% of global greenhouse gas emissions and almost half of the world’s population.
2. EU countries pledged to reduce emissions to 40% below 1990 levels by 2030.
3. A new coalition of leaders will mobilize over US$200 billion for financing low carbon and climate-resilient development.
As we move towards Paris COP 2015, governments and business will be setting policy and implementing carbon pricing strategies (both regulatory and internally within their business).
How can TBL assist you in you?
- We have a clear track record of aligning Carbon pricing activities into the core business strategy, not working in silos but harmonising strategy, business case and implementation within the organisation.
- We understand the commercial importance: we combine GHG policy, implementation and operational insight with scenario planning, project, quality and lean management to address your pressing needs.
- We have a track record of working international with governments and leading organisations around the world and have exceptional hands on experience in the strategy, implementation and operation of Market Based Mechanisms (MBM).
- We help our clients to align green growth strategy with regulatory and corporate carbon pricing targets.
The TBL Carbon Pricing Model helps clients on their Carbon and sustainability journey, it is a flexible approach helping clients build capability and capacity against the core infrastructure elements of a carbon pricing framework.
Please contact TBL for further information on how we can help: https://tblgroup.co.uk/contact/
TBL supports a clear and transparent price on carbon emissions.
For more information and to show your support of The Price Carbon Communique please follow the below link: